Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Vampire Hunters by Scott M. Baker – Review



Allison and Drake are former cops that are move to Washington DC to hunt and kill vampires. Through well developed backstory, you understand how they came to be vampire hunters. There is a small hint of Allison’s attraction to Drake that I hope is developed more in the later books. I’m a sucker for romance…even in a thriller.  Mr. Baker has created a world that is fascinating as its horrible. The vampires are truly evil and vile. There are no sparkly vammpires in Washington. Only the depraved vampires exist in this world. We are introduced to the two most evil vampires that I’ve ever seen. Former lovers/vampires, Ion and Toni are fighting for totaly rule in their nest. I almost felt something for them reading their backstory but reality pulled me back in and wouldn’t let me.
The plot and pacing are well developed and there is never a dull moment. The action scenes are brutal but necessary. Its a thriller dear readers, not a paranormal romantic suspense. Its good versus true evil and the battle that ensues. Graphic, with dead on dialogue, I finished this book in a day. I thought about it the next day and wrote the review. It left me thinking of what would happen if this world truly existed. I didn’t like what I thought but that was the point of reading. What if?
  Harlie's Books   Review  

No comments:

Post a Comment