Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Andi's Middle Grade & Chapter Books: 'Three Lost Kids and the Sugar Fairy' Review


I really liked this story. I was transported back in time to about third grade, sitting in the cozy book corner in elementary school. This is the kind of book my friends and I would have adored back then. There are girls just like we were, dressed up for Halloween, who found themselves on an adventure with a sort of mystery to solve. This is what we did when we were kids; kids still do it today.


This book also brings back some of the magic of Halloween, that feels lost in today's society. I remember that sense of awe as I put on a costume, like I really was that character. The girls in this story actually have the opportunity to do that. Along the way, they learn a lot of important lessons.

This book is one that I would like to share with my class during this holiday season. I think they will enjoy the suspense and mystery, without getting too scared. It will probably also lead to some classroom discussions about helping each other, working together, being friends, and even a bit about making healthy choices.

Andi's Middle Grade & Chapter Books: 'Three Lost Kids and the Sugar Fairy' Review

No comments:

Post a Comment